Terms And Conditions
Enrolment Terms & Conditions – Including Cancellation and Refunds
By paying fees to the Alliance Francaise de la Sunshine Coast, you confirm that you have read, understood and that you accept the Terms and Conditions below for Classroom Courses and for Skype Lessons.
1. Classroom Courses
- Membership is compulsory for all students of the Alliance Française de la Sunshine Coast.
- Membership Fee is non refundable in case of withdrawal from a course.
- All fees are payable in advance. Access to classes can commence only after payment is confirmed.
- Alliance Française de la Sunshine Coast reserves the right to cancel courses if minimum enrolments are not received.
- An administration fee will be charged for students cancelling their enrolment before the start of Term.
- Once classes have started and students have attended at least 1 class, no refund will be given.
- If a course is cancelled by Alliance Française de la Sunshine Coast, students will be offered a full credit for a future or alternative course, or a full refund.
- Classes are subject to variation due to enrolment numbers and days may be changed at the discretion of the Alliance Française de la Sunshine Coast.
- To ensure the best quality in teaching, Alliance Française de la Sunshine Coast reserves the right to redirect a student to another class level if the student’s level does not match the rest of the class.
- New students who are not complete beginners need to have their competence levels assessed prior to joining a class. This can be done by telephone between the intending student and the French tutor.
- As detailed below, AFSC also provides individual Skype lessons, which may be a better option for some students than the classroom courses.
2. Skype Lessons
- All our online French lessons are delivered online through Skype or Zoom with a ‘live’ teacher as 1:1 (private tuition)
- To take our Skype/Zoom lessons, you need: a computer, a broadband or a good wireless connection, a microphone, and a webcam. See instructions below:
Using Skype to learn French on skype with AFSC:
- Step 1: Check that your computer has a built-in microphone, if not you will have to buy a headset such as a VOIP/SKYPE Hands free Stereo Headset w/ Microphone (for example see image below).
- Step 2: Check that your computer has a built-in webcam, if not you will have to buy a separate webcam such as the Logitech HD Webcam C310
- Step 3: Download the software from Skype.com and create a Skype user name. Skype is free to download (If you need support visit their FAQs page).
3. Our Skype lessons are customized to specific needs of students.
- If your schedule is irregular, you might have to work with 2 or more teachers.
- All lessons must be scheduled in advance, with the day, time and duration of lesson already set.
- If you have frequent business trips, irregular working hours or simply cannot commit to a fixed schedule, we can accommodate you. In this case we might have to assign 2 teachers on your program.
- We cannot commence your lessons until we have received a proof of payment from you.
- We prefer payment by Paypal (including Visa and MasterCard via Paypal) or Bank Transfer. Payments by cheque can also be arranged.
G.Cancellation/Postponement of class
- For any cancellation/rescheduling, you must inform your teacher 48 hours in advance by email, sms or phone.
- If this is done on the same day the class is scheduled, you will be charged 100% for that class.
- You can only reschedule 10% of the scheduled classes with two-day notification.
H.Lateness & Absence
- If you don’t show up at the scheduled time, your teacher will send you a sms after 10min and wait on skype for 20 min. If you don’t appear, the teacher will then send you an “Absence without notice” email.
- If you are late, your teacher will still finish at the scheduled time.
- Purchased Skype lessons that are not used within 6 months from the start date cannot be redeemed.
- Purchased Skype lessons are neither refundable nor transferable.
The Alliance Française de la Sunshine Coast is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting French language, culture,
literature and history on the Sunshine Coast of Australia and to encourage French-Australian cultural exchange and friendship.
The Alliance Française de la Sunshine Coast provides the opportunity for friends of French language and culture to come together in a very welcoming, non-political and non-religious environment.
The AFSC committee is composed of enthusiastic local Francophiles happy to bring their skills and experience to offer a range of services and events to the Sunshine Coast community.
We also encourage volunteers to join us in order to help out at events.
If you are interested in becoming involved with your Alliance, please contact us.
Our members make our Alliance great. We meet twice a month to celebrate the love for all things French : 1st Saturday of the month at the Loose Goose in Twin Waters. 3rd Saturday of the month at la Maison du Pâtissier at Meridan Plains.
We bring you the French Film Festival each year (April- June) and we celebrate La Galette des Rois, Bastille Day and le Beaujolais Nouveau throughout the year.